Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Riggs Family Update - November 2009

What’s Up!

Happy Fall Days to all of our Family and Friends. We hope you had a SPOOKY Halloween and are getting ready for a yummy Thanksgiving FEAST!

Here is what The Riggs have been up to the last 6 months....

We of course love being back in St. George and are loving the wonderful weather. Charles and I have taken a huge leap of faith and are helping my Dad with his Warehouse here in St. George. Charles runs Pickleball (don't knock it til you try it, it is soooo fun)and works hard trying to get the big old Warehouse rented out. He of course stays up on all his IT skills and consults with companies about IT security. He sold his skydiving rig, but is hoping to be able to get another one someday soon, as he dreams about skydiving almost every night. It is in his blood and it is his passion...anyone want to sponsor him or need a guy to run a indoor skydiving tunnel!? :)

I am mostly consumed with my little ones and running Zumba at THE WAREHOUSE. It has been so much fun, and a huge undertaking. I have a new respect for my Father and those who run a business....it is not as easy as it looks! We call it The Warehouse. We have graffiti on the walls, a stage and fun lights that people go nuts over. It has been so fun to be able to work with Charles once again; we work so well together and love to brainstorm about ideas. He has done so much for me, he has made my database, set up all the electronics, made my website (3 different times check it out The Warehouse), my graphic artist the list goes on....a business these days without a Charles is for sure doomed to failure! For me this has been a dream. It is hard but so worth it. I do my best, but ultimately I have to do what is best for the business and not friendships, which can be really hard. I am grateful for the opportunity to go after a dream and change this town! We want to start doing fun dance parties, Ufit, a preschool and a gymnastics. Lisa my sis is starting a fun consignment store, which will be fun. It is fun to at least have 1 sis close!

Lucy has tuned 6! She is attending Vista, a new charter school her in Ivins (5 min up the street). It is technology and creative arts centered and Lucy loves it! She gets to do dance, musical theater, Spanish, computers, violin and her 1st grade teacher is great! She plays soccer and ballet and hip hop, but still has plenty of time to tease and play with Evan and Ava. She is a sweet heart and really cares about other people. She is losing all her teeth...sometimes with a little help, but she has pulled out at least 2, I think I am up to 4! ha! She understands the real value of money and wanted us to just buy Barbies and toys instead of food the other day at the store....then she came around and decided the food would probably have to come first. Evan says about Lucy, "probably I don't like her but I do...ya I think she's cute, I don't wanna kiss her I just think she's cute!" Lu has her moments for sure, but for the most part she is a sweetheart and a helper. She loves to read and still loves art....creativity - oh ya! Oh and Lu is one of my three Zumba stars (They are all so good!) check it out on Youtube

Evan and Ava are 3 going on 6....Ava thinks her teeth should be ready to come out any day now and continues to wiggle them. Evan continues to ask "why does LUCY get too" hummmm. Evan is super duper independent and is...yes a lot like his daddy! He wakes up grumpy (like daddy) he mummifies himself in his star wars blanket (thx nana) every morning (like daddy use to do but mommy had to put a stop to since it ruined the sheets ever night! Well ok I let him mummify his feet) if he does not do something just right the first time he gets SO MAD (like daddy did, mostly when he was little...heehee). I tell him all the time to be patient, WITH HIMSELF! He is a repeater, so listen up or he will just keep saying it! The funnies thing about Evan is that he has to go poo at HOME! It is a big deal! He has to have a toy, shoes socks pants all OFF, the door shut...then a cool story and abt 10 min later a yell, "IM DONE"! Charles and I tried to record it one time but we were laughing too hard and he told us to get out. He is all boy and loves all the cool dude stuff, and his cool older cousins. Don't be deceived though, Evan is still loves to cuddle and loves babies. He caresses them and loves on them. And shhhh he still sucks his thumb! He says he is a big boy but then has a 5 min conversation with himself going back and forth about big boys and braces and all that. He is a treat! The other day he told me, "mom you learned me that"! He was so proud he had figured out how to open the back door to the FJ...its hard! And yes, still a killer smile, and has moves that would that rock!

My little Ava Maria is getting bigger! She has grown 1 inch in the past 6 months, so all of her warm clothes are too short on her cute legs and arms...she is still my mini though. Ava is still particular, sweet and sassy! My ultra peacemaker and incredibly sensitive and mature. Charles and I say, for sure she has the oldest and wisest spirit of us all. Ava continues to adore her baby and plethora of silkies. I must interject at this point that we GOT A DOG! He is darling, a French bulldog...and Ava is its master. She dominates the dog in every way and it is a good thing he goes with the flow and lets her be the master. All the kids love the dog (even Evan who constantly says, "ya lets give him back!") Ava adores him. One night while I was at Zumba and Charles was putting Ava to bed, he heard this on the monitor, "Oh doggie please hear me, I neeeed you in my cribby." Needless to say, Charles let Ava have the puppy (BUBS) that night. She for sure is the youngest, getting the compassion and sweetness that Charles and I just love giving her. She and Evan started Pre School with Miss Debbie! They love her. All along we thought Ava would have a harder time, NOPE. She was good to go the first day, hug and a kiss and she was off...even though she said the day before she didn't like Miss Debbie, it did not take long for her to love her! Evan on the other hand went pretty well the first day then the next had to hold onto my pinky and thumb for about 5 min...then 5 kisses and he was good to go. Now everyday they ask, "is it church day or school day?" They love both and are so fun! Ava also knows how to SHAKE it!

I am still amazed at Evan and Ava, they are such a joy to have in our family and we feel so blessed to have all of our children.

Well our kids must be excited for Christmas because they are all singing "Jingle Bells"

HAPPY FALL and GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

The Riggs

1 comment:

Megan Andersen said...

Andrea! I'm so glad I found your blog (don't be scared, I'm not too big of a stalker). I love your sunny personality & your love for life attitude!! I just loved reading it all around!!! I'm so glad that my sister made me go to that first zumba class. That's all it took, & I was hooked! Hooked on watching you, the music, the building...it all basically. I love shakin' what my momma gave me! You guys are doing such a good job, & can really feel how passionate you are about it. LOVE IT!!
I can't wait to check back in 6 months are read about your darling family some more.

June and July Riggs Family Photos...

The Luckiest

2008 Slide Show